Hera Gallery's Newest Intern


Hello everyone! My name is Ryan O'Hara and I am the Hera Gallery's newest intern. I look forward to meeting many of you as I work at the gallery through out the fall! So, let me tell you a bit about myself...

Myself at the Atlantic-10 Rowing
Championship 2010
I am a 5th year Art History student at URI. The past four years I spent on the URI women's rowing team. This experience was one of the best I could ever ask for. I loved the feeling of being a part of something great and contributing to a program that just keeps growing. The team has had a lot of success and will continue to do so. Although I still spend time with the team, now teaching new girls how to row, it is time for a new chapter in my life so I am transitioning from athletics to the art world!

One of my drawings from high school
Creating art is something I have always loved. Whether I was a little girl with my crayons, in my high school’s drawing classes, or taking studio class at URI it’s something that I will never stop doing. Sketching has always been my favorite, I love drawing people and capturing a person’s unique facial expressions. Everyone is just so different it never gets boring! Recently I have been getting more into painting - experimenting with color. I tend to keep my art as a hobby, so I go through phases of being really intense or taking my time with pieces. Some of my favorite artists would include John Martin, Edgar Degas, and Paul Signac.

I am very enthusiastic about being apart of the Hera gallery and look forward to meeting many of you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artists From The Mill At Shady Lea

CALL FOR ENTRIES: "Landscape at the Edge: Contemporary Views"

Repost regarding installation at Providence Place Mall