#Meettheartist
Meet Sharon Guglielmo



My Interest in art and creative expression began during my childhood in such a
way that I was sharing my talent as early as age 11 by teaching arts and crafts to
youngsters at a community center in Providence and, by age 16, placed on their
payroll. This helped pay for my education along with a part time job at a supermarket
at RIC, where I earned a BA and MAT in Mathematics with a minor in Art. The degree
choice was from the influence of my superb high school math teacher of 3 years.
I had the best of both worlds because my interest in interdisciplinary learning
allowed me to incorporate art and other relevant subjects for my classes to
understand the purpose of the mathematical concepts. This would culminate with an
interdisciplinary math fair each year by the students. And after attaining my MAT
degree, I was able to devote my free time to continuing education in Art at RISD.

My intention for my watercolor paintings is to have a purpose beyond the
beauty it may portray. History, conservation, the environment and many other
causes are all part of my artistic visions.

Acceptance into the show, In God We Trust, reinforces the relevance of my
painting of Mohammed AL Samawi to religion especially its positive and negative
impact on the world that makes it not only pleasurable to me but more meaningful for
the viewer as well!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artists From The Mill At Shady Lea

CALL FOR ENTRIES: "Landscape at the Edge: Contemporary Views"

Repost regarding installation at Providence Place Mall