#Meet the Artist Monday
Meet Hera Artist, Molly Kaderka


Tell us your artist story, some biographical info, when did you decide to be an artist? Why do you make art? Where did you study? Etc.

I think I’ve always been an artist but in high school I was lucky enough to have teachers who showed me that being an artist was a real possibility. I make art because I believe in the power of images to communicate and express the human experience. I received my BFA in painting and Art History from the Kansas City Art Institute and my MFA in painting from Rhode Island School of Design. 

What do you want people to walk away with after experiencing your work?

Much of the content in my work is about what it means to be present. To be here and to exist. With that knowledge comes the knowledge that we will all die. To have knowledge of our own existence means we also have knowledge that we will cease to be.  Our time is temporary, and my work tries to embody that sense of impermanence. I want my viewers to feel this as well and think about their own place in the world.  

What influences your work? Why?
Astronomy and geology influence my work. I’ve been drawn to the innate human desire to pursue knowledge and understanding and by the processes people go through to find meaning in what they encounter in the natural world.

Why are you a member of Hera?
I wanted to join Hera because it has a great reputation for supporting women artists.  I’m proud to be a part of such a wonderful community of talented artists.

To see more of Molly's work, visit her website, https://www.mollykaderka.com




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artists From The Mill At Shady Lea

CALL FOR ENTRIES: "Landscape at the Edge: Contemporary Views"

Repost regarding installation at Providence Place Mall