Jeannette Jacobs "Haiku" Opening This Week

 jacobs


Hera Gallery is pleased to feature the exhibition "Haiku", by Jeannette Jacobs on view from August 31 to October 5, 2013.
Opening reception: Saturday, Sept 7th, 6 to 8pm

Jeannette Jacobs has made over 100 originally designed quilts and enjoys the process immensely. As Jacobs states, “When I work on a quilt, I put away all thoughts that are not helpful and direct my energies towards relaxing and focusing. I work intuitively. I begin to see shapes in my head and think about how to cut them out of the huge palette of colors and patterns that I have in my fabrics. I have learned not to think about what others expect or what will sell, but rather I look at my time in my studio as a process of discovery. I love being inside my brain and pushing myself to think in ever more varied ways because I know the ideas are there for the taking. It’s all about being focused and disciplined. Being alone, in my studio allows me to, what I call, be in the zone.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artists From The Mill At Shady Lea

CALL FOR ENTRIES: "Landscape at the Edge: Contemporary Views"

Repost regarding installation at Providence Place Mall