Thursday, August 29, 2013

Jeannette Jacobs "Haiku" Opening This Week

 jacobs


Hera Gallery is pleased to feature the exhibition "Haiku", by Jeannette Jacobs on view from August 31 to October 5, 2013.
Opening reception: Saturday, Sept 7th, 6 to 8pm

Jeannette Jacobs has made over 100 originally designed quilts and enjoys the process immensely. As Jacobs states, “When I work on a quilt, I put away all thoughts that are not helpful and direct my energies towards relaxing and focusing. I work intuitively. I begin to see shapes in my head and think about how to cut them out of the huge palette of colors and patterns that I have in my fabrics. I have learned not to think about what others expect or what will sell, but rather I look at my time in my studio as a process of discovery. I love being inside my brain and pushing myself to think in ever more varied ways because I know the ideas are there for the taking. It’s all about being focused and disciplined. Being alone, in my studio allows me to, what I call, be in the zone.”

No comments: