URI Exhibition

Hera Gallery is excited to highlight artists from the 2020 URI Senior Seminar Online Catalogue, which is available now through our website!

Mae Pearson: "UNDULATION"

"My intention as an artist is to be competent across multiple mediums. Typically, I will choose paint to create work, which usually depicts elements of nature. One area of art that is ambiguous to me is a sculpture. I chose to combine the two in order to make faux wood out of the chipboard and explore the ways in which I can manipulate the pieces to create a path the eye can follow. Though the act of painting the chipboard, cutting up pieces, and adhering them to a larger canvas, I am able to use the process of exploration, hoping to create a tangible reflection of life's uncertainties and outcomes." 

To read more about this artist and view the rest of the catalogue, visit heragallery.org and stay tuned for more artist features!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artists From The Mill At Shady Lea

CALL FOR ENTRIES: "Landscape at the Edge: Contemporary Views"

Repost regarding installation at Providence Place Mall