URI Exhibition

Hera Gallery is excited to highlight artists from the 2020 URI Senior Seminar Online Catalogue, which is available through our website!

Jordan Rosa: "Party at Indiana Avenue" 

"For years I've been interested in developing a piece that incorporates a majority of the original characters I have made over the course of my life as an artist. This seemed like the perfect opportunity to do so. To witness the culmination of my evolution as an artist within the span of 21 years all on one piece of paper, interacting and intermingling as if they were old friends is something that I've always been interested in making. Renoir's "Luncheon" reflects the kind of feeling that I want to evoke: a calm, jovial, and enjoyable setting that would be able to immerse whoever is viewing it, envisioning a scenario of themselves placed in a position similar to that." 


To read more about this artist and view the rest of the catalogue, visit heragallery.org and stay tuned for more artist features!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artists From The Mill At Shady Lea

CALL FOR ENTRIES: "Landscape at the Edge: Contemporary Views"

Repost regarding installation at Providence Place Mall