URI Exhibition

Hera Gallery is excited to highlight artists from the 2020 URI Senior Seminar Online Catalogue, which is available now through our website!

Daniela Del Portillo: "Lotería (La Flor, El Ojo, La Diabla, La Fruta and El Corazón)"

"These pieces are my take on Lotería cards, a typical Mexican game resembling bingo, my childhood favorite. I acknowledge that my culture is not fully Mexican anymore, at this point I have spent more years in the United States than in Mexico. However, I will also never be fully American, I am a wonderful mix of the two. I carry the blood of my indigenous ancestors and the rich history of my native country but also an off-beat style and interests that my grandparents would never approve of."

To read more about this artist and view the rest of the catalogue, visit heragallery.org and stay tuned for more artist features!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artists From The Mill At Shady Lea

CALL FOR ENTRIES: "Landscape at the Edge: Contemporary Views"

Repost regarding installation at Providence Place Mall