#FoodforThoughtCreativeQuarantine

From Hera Artist Kathie Florsheim...

I have been roaming around my house and studio more than usual, I'm not usually here all day for days on end. In running up and down the stairs, I felt the warmth of sunlight cross my body as I passed the windows. Such a welcome presence. I have been sitting in the light, reading, and following it as it moves throughout the day. 

Chasing light for a photographer is nothing new. Doing so in a pandemic, while confined, is a whole new level of intensity and wonder, in spite of circumstances. Being able to escape into something familiar, even for a brief period of time, is ... I can’t find words for this. I made some bad pictures and a few good ones as I watched the light, an old and trusted friend, dance through my kitchen. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artists From The Mill At Shady Lea

CALL FOR ENTRIES: "Landscape at the Edge: Contemporary Views"

Repost regarding installation at Providence Place Mall