Calling all poets and artists, an invitation from Lori Roeleveld

I was greeted this morning by an exciting email in my 'inbox' from a poet friend. There is in the works, a four week poetry/art series that is being put together to present visual and word artists to the public at the Wakefield YMCA. The format seems to be an informal share and tell that will do a good job engaging the public. Please take a moment to read the call for participants below... and feel free to email Lori Roeleveld about participating.


Artists and Poets for Lunch at the South County YMCA on alternate Fridays running from 9/23 through 12/2 .


I'm hoping to line up one poet and one artist to come in from 12:00-1:15 to share their work and talk a little bit about their process. We have a large senior population here around that time but also lots of empty nesters. I'm also approaching area restaurants to ask them to support the arts by donating one healthy buffet lunch. They can showcase their menu and advertise their business as well as support the Y and the arts.

With 6 time slots, I'm looking for 6 poets and 6 artists. I really believe that creativity is part of a healthy lifestyle and want to find ways to promote that concept through the YMCA.

You can reach me through FaceBook, or at my YMCA email: Lroeleveld@gpymca.org or my YMCA phone at 783-3900 ext 137. Thanks!

Dates for the Lunches:
September 23
October 7, October 21
November 4, November 18
December 2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artists From The Mill At Shady Lea

CALL FOR ENTRIES: "Landscape at the Edge: Contemporary Views"

Repost regarding installation at Providence Place Mall