The grants, up to $3,000, will be awarded annually. This year's application deadline is May 27, 2011.
Previous recipients of Sea Grant awards are not eligible for fiveyears. Individuals enrolled as undergraduate or graduate students are not eligible. Proposals will be review by a panel of RI professionals in the visual arts.
Applicants must submit:
- Maximum of ten .jpeg images in RGB format approximately 1024 pixels wide on a CD.
- Artist's current resume and brief statement, outlining the objective of the proposal, relevance of the work to ocean environments, and the relationship of the proposal to past work.
- A list of images including name, title, date, medium, dimensions, and file name.
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope for the return of slides and materials.
- Itemized budget including: supplies, services and support personnel.
Visual Arts/Sea Grant
Department of Art & Art History
Fine Arts Center
University of Rhode Island
105 Upper College Road
Kingston, RI 02881-0820