Introducing Spring Intern: Hannah Hebert

Hello Hera Gallery Community!

My name is Hannah Hebert and I am the new spring intern for Hera Gallery! I am Rhode Island native and a junior at the University of Rhode Island. I study Fine Art and am also extremely interested in my Art History classes. I am most passionate about portrait painting but I also enjoy dabbling in different kinds of printmaking.
Having now discovered that my path in life truly lies in the art world, I look back on my childhood experiences with art and can’t help but smile. I always liked to doodle and draw, but I never considered myself to be especially good. I can still remember when art really clicked for me. I went out to take pictures with my friend who was especially good with photography. I didn’t expect any good photos but before I knew it I had all these great pictures. Shortly after that I discovered my knack for painting and drawing in my high school art classes.
         Like every art student I aspire to go on to create my own art and make a name for myself after college of course. But I also have a passion for the history and the story behind art. I would love to work behind the scenes in a gallery or a museum. Through this internship I hope to learn about all the positions and components needed to run a gallery. I am so excited to help with a big show and meet some of the big names in art that work with Hera!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artists From The Mill At Shady Lea

CALL FOR ENTRIES: "Landscape at the Edge: Contemporary Views"

Repost regarding installation at Providence Place Mall