Introducing Our New Intern: Casey Walsh!


Hello Hera followers! My name is Casey Walsh and I am currently in my sophomore year at the University of Rhode Island studying Public Relations as well as Film Media. I am extremely excited to be interning at the Hera Gallery and am looking forward to learning more about the gallery world. 
Growing up on Long Island I frequented to New York City often to observe various artworks at museums such as the MOMA and the MET. I have always had a passion for art observing as well as art making. I enjoy using mixed media in most of my pieces and have an obsession with Photoshop. Artists such as Jeff Koons and Robert Rauschenberg I find extremely inspiring and admire their works.
At 19 years old I am not completely sure what it is I want to do as a career. I know what I am passionate about; art, media and film. I am hopeful that through this internship I will gain more knowledge about what it takes to run a gallery and promote shows. I believe that it is extremely important for people to observe art and admire other peoples creations as well as their own. I am looking forward to this opportunity and seeing where it takes me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artists From The Mill At Shady Lea

CALL FOR ENTRIES: "Landscape at the Edge: Contemporary Views"

Repost regarding installation at Providence Place Mall