Introducing Our New Intern: Lindsey Bailer!

Hello! 

My name is Lindsey Bailer and I am very excited to say that I am the new intern at the Hera Gallery!  I just graduated from the University of Rhode Island a few weeks ago with a Bachelor of Fine Arts.  Ever since I was young, I knew I wanted to do something in the arts.  My dad, a RISD alumnus, was always nurturing and guiding my artistic tendencies. 

Throughout my URI career, my focus was mainly in digital photography.  I love creating images that advertise ideas and/or opinions. Besides actually creating art, I have a strong desire to educate the public on the importance of art and the influence it has on our day-to-day lives.  I realized this desire during my treatment at Hasbro’s Children’s Hospital after being diagnosed with cancer during my senior year of High School. While undergoing chemotherapy, I was exposed to the healing power of art – art both displayed throughout Hasbro and art created in the comfort and security of the Tomorrow Fund Clinic.

I feel a gallery environment is a wonderful place to educate people on art the importance of art.  Each show introduces new points of view, ideas, and opinions that viewers can ponder. One day I hope to be a conduit for artists to broadcast and showcase their art and positively affect the lives of the viewer.  

I am so grateful and excited for this internship because it will be a wonderful platform to help me understand the behind-the scenes aspect of a gallery.  Each skill gained from this experience will help me thrive in the gallery world with the intent to change lives through art and make a difference in the world.

"Appallingly Appealing"
Image 1/10
 
"Grim Princesses"
Image 1/4
"Chin Portraits"
Image 1/10

"Friendly Reminder"
Image 1/9




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artists From The Mill At Shady Lea

CALL FOR ENTRIES: "Landscape at the Edge: Contemporary Views"

Repost regarding installation at Providence Place Mall