Craig Crawford’s ceramic tiles will be on display in The World’s Smallest Art Gallery from November 1, through December 15, 2012
Craig Crawford is a ceramicist whose studio, Wanderlust Ceramics, is located in East Greenwich. She hand builds functional pottery and tiles from clay slabs and decorates them by silk screening and hand painting glazes to create a variety of imagery.
The series of tiles Craig is exhibiting are collectively entitled “Emotional Upheaval”. The imagery is personal, haunting, funny, and mysterious. The tiles represent Craig’s emotional processing of a difficult year.
Craig can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about Wanderlust Ceramics and view more of her work at: http://www.wanderlustceramics.com/
The World’s Smallest Art Gallery is:
· A kiosk on the South County Bike Path (http://southcountybikepath.org). It is located in Peace Dale where the bike path crosses Route 108. The kiosk is a beautifully designed and built structure that has two display cases. Each measures 42” X 41” x 2”. The cases are weatherproof and have sturdy locks.
· A joint project of Hera Gallery (http://heragallery.org) and Peace Dale Neighborhood Revitalization, Inc. (http://www.peacedale.net).
· A place to show your artwork. Hera Gallery will be managing the kiosk as a place for artists to display their work. You may have a six-week, one-person show in the kiosk on a first come, first serve basis. Work is not juried, but must be “family friendly.” Artists are asked to choose work that does not depict nudity, sexuality or violence. Neither Hera Gallery nor PDNRI will insure the work. Artists display work at their own risk.
· A way of having your work seen by a lot of people. The bike path has very heavy traffic, especially during the Spring, Summer and early Fall. Many bikers, runners and walkers pass by every hour. There will not be sales from the Kiosk, but your display can include your contact information. Hera Gallery will publicize The World’s Smallest Gallery on its website, blog, and Constant Contact mailings. A Facebook page will be developed.
· A way to beautify the community. The stretch of the bike path where the kiosk is located contains other artwork including murals, sculpture, mosaics, and landscape architecture. The World’s Smallest Art Gallery will add to the beautification of this area.
John Kotula is the coordinator of this project for Hera Gallery. If you are interested in showing your artwork on the bike path contact John at email@example.com to get more details and to schedule a show.