The position of Gallery Director, Hera Gallery/Hera Educational Foundation is a part-time paid position (18 hours per week). The Director reports directly to the President of the Board of Directors. Salary: $10 an hour. Deadline for applications: April 27, 2012. Position available late May. Please MAIL a letter of interest and a current resume to:
PO Box 336
This position, while an administrative position, is a creative springboard allowing a motivated individual the opportunity to contribute to the local arts community by leading a well-regarded institution. Hera encourages the gallery director to pursue his or her professional interests. The gallery director may develop skills in the following areas: curatorial experience and exhibition design, graphic design, professional level arts writing, development skills, grant writing, website development.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Good computer skills—proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, familiarity with Photoshop, Illustrator, MS Access or InDesign a plus
• Administrative experience desired
• The gallery director must have the ability to work with a diverse audience of local community members as well as artists, arts professionals, funders, and media. Serves as liason with community
• background or involvement in the visual arts
• Public Relations: includes writing press releases, developing relationships with journalists; assisting with writing and editing gallery publications such as website, newsletters, fundraising materials and targeted emails to journalists, supporters, artists.
• Development: Works with Board members to implement annual fundraising initiatives and oversees membership program.
• Assist exhibiting artists and curators with coordination of exhibitions and programs.
• Attend and prepare Director’s report for monthly Board meetings; attend gallery events.