Spring Intern Introduction

Hi everybody!
My name is Emily Humphrey and I am the 2012 spring intern here at Hera! I grew up in South County and attended Exeter West Greenwich High School, where, under the guiding hands of the wonderful Elizabeth Lind, my journey as an artist began. I am currently a freshman at URI studying art and soon to be landscape architecture. I love to play soccer, be outdoors, and go hiking, biking, boating, and adventuring! :) I also enjoy spending my time with my wonderful family and volunteering around my community for Save The Bay, Girl Scouts of RI, and EWG Youth Soccer.

As an artist and a student I am striving to reach my full potential while pursuing what I am most passionate about: art and nature! My ultimate goal is to use my education in art and design to have a positive impact on todays world. My interest in architecture has grown from this goal, and I hope to help our culture integrate our way of life with our changing environment through the architecture of our landscapes and buildings. When it comes to studio art, I tend to focus on the natural world and my connection with it. I love to paint, and I am looking forward to doing that in my free time while working on some of my drawing skills this semester. Speaking of which, it's going to be an incredibly busy semester! But I am very excited to get a jump start on some landscape architecture classes, and of course, work here at Hera!

In the past few years Hera has played a great role in my experience as a growing artist; I won the announcement card competition for the Young Adults Art Exhibition in 2010 along with two of my peers, and was exhibited here for the second time during the 2011 EWG Senior Portfolio Art Show. I am so grateful to the Hera community for those experiences, and can't wait for more!

Here is some of my work:

















A Drawing from my Drawing I studio last semester














One of my favorite mediums...charcoal

















A piece I had in the Young Adults Art Exhibition at Hera last year

Comments

Welcome! We're delighted to have you as our intern this spring.

Popular posts from this blog

Artists From The Mill At Shady Lea

CALL FOR ENTRIES: "Landscape at the Edge: Contemporary Views"

Repost regarding installation at Providence Place Mall