Hera Gallery Member, Caroline Pyle Jr, will show her work at the Effe Leven Gallery in Chicago’s River North Art District

This article if from Chicago's Herald Bulletin

Local abstract artist Caroline Pyle Jr. will show her work at the Effe Leven Gallery in Chicago’s River North Art District.

Pyle is a self-taught artist who found her artistic voice more than three years ago after a near fatal car accident. Pyle says painting became her passion.

“My mother gave me a paint set and suggested I use art as a form of therapy. Though creative by nature, I had only had only taken a couple of informal painting classes. Painting became therapeutic, helping me endure long, painful days during my recovery. Later a friend viewed my work and encouraged me to share my work with the broader community — it was astounding to see that people were moved by my work!”

Pyle has since exhibited her work in Rhode Island and Cincinnati, where retailers carry her work. Her patrons include those from Indiana, Ohio, Massachusetts, Minnesota and Michigan, as well as a corporate client in Kentucky.

Islay Taylor, director of Hera Gallery in Rhode Island says, “Caroline gives her emotions a clear voice, allowing pain and brokenness to be articulated through beauty. Pyle creates vivid works that memorialize the chrysalis of perseverance and determination”.

Pyle, whose family has lived in Anderson for over 20 years, has recently relocated here from Cincinnati. She currently has a studio at the Landings Office Park on Main Street where she schedules viewings by appointment.

Image above: Field of Dreams, acrylic on canvas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artists From The Mill At Shady Lea

CALL FOR ENTRIES: "Landscape at the Edge: Contemporary Views"

Repost regarding installation at Providence Place Mall